Friday, November 12, 2010

Unspoken & undone

        The road twists and turns. There are so many cars out for this late at night. Gravel takes over where the pavement has just run out. I glance at the man next to me. So many words stick to my lips. Words that rush though my head with surprising speed...shouldn't this speed help them fly out? Speaking out in anger isn't a good idea. I'd rather be anywhere then here. Or with anyone else rather.
       Cars rush by us now. Speeding. The silence stings the air between us. Blinding headlights shine on our faces. He's knows we are not cool. He also knows I'll let it go. Be back to myself tomorrow. No need for an unpleasant confrontation.
      
 Words that should be spoken die an early death.
  
       Sorry is a nice thing to hear. It had reached my ears 20 minutes earlier. Sorry is nicer when it's said with actions. I know his actions will repeat themselves; and these actions don't spell sorry. "One of my best friends always reminds me that actions speak louder than words. Your actions are telling me that you don't care. That this friendship only matters when it's convenient. Oh yeah you're the one that always tells me that about actions." These are my thoughts. This response never reached his ears.
       
The longer I travel on the this road the more unsure I am of the destination.

        Every time a car passes it makes the tall grass shiver producing an eerie whispering. As if the grass is talking about us. Suddenly I realize I don't know where we are. What an evening to get lost together.

3 comments:

  1. Why is it called "Action" and not "Lost"? I like the mood of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's called action because that's what I wanted to see...maybe it should be called missing action or something...lost action? that doesn't make sense. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete